After a while, grout between tiles can become dirty and mouldy, caused for example by coffee on the kitchen splashback, and by mould in the bath and shower. A useful way to prevent these unsightly stains is to bleach the grout periodically. What you’ll need:
- Rubber gloves
- Old toothbrush
- Put on gloves to protect hands.
- Pour small amounts of bleach onto toothbrush.
- Scrub grout between tiles with toothbrush and bleach.
- Leave bleach to penetrate thouroughly for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse tiles with cloth and clean water.
This technique does not always remove all the stains but it certainly improves the overall appearance of tiles.
*Please note: always test on a small area first.