Bring a bit of life back to a weathered garage door.
1. Scrape off any blistered, cracking or loose paint.
2. Sand entire door to provide key for new paint, paying particular attention to sanding down any rough edges where larger sections of loose paint have been removed.
3. Remove all loose loose debris and wipe down surface with white spirit.
4. Paint first coat of paint when the white spirit has dried and allow time to dry before second coat. It is best to give a light sanding before applying a second coat. Drying times may vary depending on weather conditions and type of paint used – always read the tin carefully. In this instance I used Fortress metal paint which required no primer and coated over the original colour very well.
5. Apply second coat and put on a pair of shades as it was particularly sunny that day!!